Thursday, May 19, 2005

You Never Know

By the grace of G-d

YOU NEVER KNOW

On the 16th of Teives, R’ Shneur Chevron and his wife made a bris. They invited Rabbi Zimroni Tzik, who had been the sandek, to speak. Rabbi Tzik described the chain of events that led to his being sandek, and spoke at length about the topic of Moshiach and Redemption as it related to the parasha and to the mitzva of mila.

A few minutes after he was finished speaking, the rosh yeshiva, Rabbi Segal, asked him to take the floor and say a few more words. Rabbi Tzik decided to talk about the Igros Kodesh, and he told the following story:

A few years ago I was invited to a radio talk show (Mike Hollar). While waiting my turn, I heard how a couple of tourists to India were describing its various idolatrous cults.

I was very uncomfortable, and wondered whether it was appropriate for me to quote the Rebbe, especially when I would have to protest about what I had heard. I had to make a decision instantly as to whether to leave or not. I had no time to write a proper letter, so I stood in a corner and wondered: was I permitted to stay or should I leave? I said “Yechi” and opened the volume of Igros Kodesh I had with me.

In the answer at the top of the page it said”

“It is permissible if there is some benefit for himself or for others, as explained in the saying of the Baal Shem Tov...”

I didn’t need more than that. About whether there would be any benefit for myself, perhaps I could be the judge, but what about for others? I stayed. During the course of the program I was asked by Mr. Hollar how one connects with the Rebbe today. So I told him exactly what had just happened, how I had wanted to leave because of the talk of idol worship and how I was answered through the Igros Kodesh. Apparently there would be some benefit in what I was saying and so I stayed. Mike was astounded.

But that’s not all. In the days that followed, our office in Bat Yam received many requests for blessings and guidance, etc. Each request was accompanied by good resolutions. I could see how the Rebbe King Moshiach was continuing to “force all Israel ... and to strengthen its breaches.”

Rabbi Tzik concluded his story, everybody bentched and prepared for Maariv, and then a young bearded man approached Rabbi Tzik and asked, “Did the radio program you spoke about take place four years ago?”

Rabbi Tzik said it took place in Nissan, 5755, four years ago, to which the man replied, “Please allow me to thank you for the program. My name is Zohar Chamu and I was greatly affected by that program...

“For the first time I heard about writing and using the Igros Kodesh. Until then I was almost completely uninvolved in Torah and mitzvos. I worked as a financial advisor in my own office, but I was undecided as to whether to continue in that line.

“Then I heard you and decided to write to the Rebbe. I called information and they gave me the number of a Chabad house. The people there told me to contact the Chabad house in my area, in Migdal HaEmek.

“I went to the yeshiva and wrote the letter. The answer contained clear instructions to get involved in Yeshivas Tomchei Tmimim, to say Tehillim, and then the letter dealt directly with my financial situation.

“I consulted with Rabbi Segal, who told me it was time to get more involved in Yiddishkeit. I began with shiurim in Chassidus at night, but I soon found myself sitting and learning full time. By the way, I recently returned from spending Tishrei in New York with the Rebbe.”

Rabbi Zimroni Tzik of Bat-Yam
For more miracle stories check out http://www.hageula.com/igrot/eng/stories.htm

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails