Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Pop. Israeli Singer Declares he's Chabad

חדשות חב"ד


Pop. Israeli Singer Declares he's Chabad

Ariel Zilber is a popular Israeli singer, who recently became renowned in Israel for showing his strong support for Gush Katif.  In an interview with Yediot Achronot, he declares his allegiance to Chabad:  (Excerpt translated by Chabad.info)

Zilber, what is happening?  Are you doing Teshuva?
Yes.  Slowly, over the past four years I've been moving towards this.  I open a book, I'm bored.  There's nothing good on television.  Ilan, my driver is a Chabadnik, and he started to play DVD's of Tanya and all sorts of tapes in the car.  This was the response to the emptiness that I had been feeling.  Suddenly my life felt full of meaning and purpose.  I know why I exist...

Do you have a Rebbe?
Yes, the Lubavitcher Rebbe.  I ask him questions through Igros Kodesh and I go according to the answer.  If there's direction there, I'll follow through; otherwise, there's no blessing in it.  In general, I love Chabad. To me, they look like people who truly love other Jews.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MAYBE WE CAN GET HIM TO COME TO 770 FOR SUKKOT, HE,D PROBABLY REAALY APPRECIATE IT. ALSO MAYBE HE CAN SING AT SIMCHAS BEIS HASHOEVA SOME MOSHIACH SONGS. HE DESERVES TO BE HONORED FOR PUTTING HIS PARNOSSA ON THE LINE TO HELP HIS FELLOW JEWS IN GUSH KATIF. HE IS VERY FAMOUS AND POPULAR IN ISRAEL, AND SINCE HE FOUGHT SO MUCH FOR GUSH KATIF, MANY LEFTY GROUPS STOPPED INVITING HIM. AND THIS MAN ISN'T EVEN REALLY RELIGIOUS!! HE SETS AN EXAMPLE FOR ALL RELIGIOUS JEWS-MANY OF WHOM WERE MISSING IN ACTION-SHAMEFULLY!!! INCLUDING UNFORTUNATELY THOSE OF OUR OWN. SO LETS WAKE UP!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails